Washington DC Team Building & Training Corporate Team Building & Training in Washington DC
America was built on great teams. What better place to build yours than the city where it happened? In Washington DC, your team can learn how to better negotiate, present their ideas, and manage conflicts. A team-building initiative in America’s capital can be the New Deal your team needs.
3 ways Washington DC Team Building Can Help Your Business
Create an engaging meeting or conference:
Conferences and meetings are often our best opportunity to disseminate large amounts of information and conduct vital conversations, but if people are so overwhelmed that they can’t remember what they heard, how effective was the event? People need time to process information and not everyone learns best by listening. This is where team building excels… building engagement and providing a multi-dimensional learning environment. As our friends at the UNC OneMBA program discovered, engagement directly improves retention. After hours of sitting in a lecture hall, it’s common to ask for questions, and have none asked. But put those same individuals in a team building exercise that reinforces those same concepts, and it becomes a challenge to cut off their discussion. Engagement is about making concepts real and relevant, and is the perfect reason for incorporating team building into your next meeting or conference.
Help your team better navigate change:
In today’s world, we are constantly faced with change and transition. Both individually and collectively, our roles, responsibilities, resources, and expectations often seem to be a moving target. In many ways, our flexibility and ability to rapidly adapt has become more important that our technical skill set. But how do we help our leaders and teams develop the ability to lead and navigate the change process? Models, such as the AMPAM change process (based on the transtheoretical model of change) can be extremely useful in creating a framework for managing change, but how do you move from concept to practice? Team building provides the perfect laboratory to practice, test, and refine these skills in a safe environment. For example, as a United Therapeutics management team was transitioning to an entirely new level of corporate expectations (due to a recent reorganization), team building exercises enabled them to explore the impact of these new expectations without risking process performance. By addressing this in a safe environment, they minimized any negative impact during the transition was better prepared to handle the challenge.
Improve communication and manage conflict:
Conflict is not only a part of business, but actually vital to our success. If we are not willing to push out limits, we won’t grow as a business. But you can’t push your limits and grow without creating some level of conflict. So the real question is not whether or not we have conflict, but rather how we handle conflict. In concept this may sound great, but it’s much more difficult than we often expect. Conflict involves emotions, which makes the equation much more challenging. Conflict management models, including Thomas Killman and the Conflict Cycle are important for understanding the process, but hands-on practice is absolutely vital. Team building exercises can provide the opportunity to practice these skills, develop clear expectations as a team, and model the process before returning to work. And as our friends at Constella discovered, improving your ability to manage conflict also dramatically improves your overall communication and feedback.
Team Building Should be about Outcomes
- Alignment: Getting teams rowing in the same direction, toward common goals with clear expectations and a communication process that accommodates change.
- Assimilation: Building common ground and helping everyone feel part of the team by discovering shared vision and values.
- Experience: Helping increase awareness, challenge your perspective, and establish a common history that everyone can draw upon.
- Development: Enabling people to reflect on their strengths and weaknesses while creating opportunities to test, practice, and refine new behaviors.
- Collaboration: Creating an open and trusting environment where everyone is engaged, contributes, and feels valued by the team.
Popular Washington DC Team Building Topics
- Leadership development
- Outdoor team building
- Conflict management skills
- Building a feedback rich environment
- Executive presentation skills
- Five Factor personality profiles
- Fact-based decision-making
- Conference break-outs and forums
- Financial concepts for non-financial managers
- Win win negotiation strategies
Why Choose Learning Technologies?
We take the time to really understand your organizational culture, leadership style, and internal challenges. We strive to build on best practices that you already have in place while addressing components that may be lacking or missing. For training to be effective, it needs to address real and current needs, which encourages engagement and promotes direct application. When evaluating any training, always ask, “Is this relevant to our work?”
We customize every program so you don’t waste valuable training time. Especially in today’s world, there’s an almost endless amount of information regarding any topic. Rather than bombarding your people an information overload, provide them with the specific tools they really need to do their jobs both effectively and efficiently. We believe that it’s far better to leave a session with a few critical behaviors that will actually change rather than a huge manual full of theories that simply sits on a shelf.
Our goal is to help you better succeed as a business by complimenting your management style and reinforcing your core messages. We strive to design training programs that address your specific business drivers. Training is not just about developing skills; it’s about impacting the bottom line of your business.
We are seasoned business professionals who understand your challenges. Our consultants have years of business experience and have worked first-hand at addressing many of the challenges you currently face. For us, training is not an academic exercise, but rather a business proposition. We understand your needs and challenges because we’ve been there.
We focus on helping you actually improve your business results, rather than just delivering training. We challenge people and teams to not just do things differently, but to do what will help drive the business. By developing your people, you are investing in one of the most valuable assets in your organization. Remember, development is important, but results are absolutely essential!
Washington DC Training Locations
- Rock Creek Park, Washington, DC – Outdoor team building
- Fort Dupont Park, Washington, DC – Outdoor team building
- Bluemont Park, Washington, DC – Outdoor team building
- Washington Plaza Hotel, Washington, DC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- The Dupont Circle, Washington, DC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Fairmont, Washington, DC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Park Hyatt, Washington, DC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
Free Planning Tools