Greensboro Team Building & Training Corporate Team Building & Training in Greensboro
As the third largest city in North Carolina, Greensboro is a great location for corporate team building. Being located in the Piedmont Triad, it’s easily accessible from anywhere in central North Carolina as well as by air through the Piedmont International Airport. To take advantage of the unique opportunities within Greensboro, consider using team building to get more out of your next meeting or conference.
3 ways Greensboro Team Building Can Help Your Business
Develop stronger team and leadership skills:
Team building is not just about activity. By interjecting critical content and focusing on personal and professional development, team building becomes a powerful tool for transference of skills back into the workplace. Take for example the years of leadership training that we’ve been spearheading for the Evonik Corporation. Unlike many leadership programs, we incorporate team-building activities into the entire curriculum to ensure that participants have the opportunity to test, practice, and refine new skills before returning to work. Combining this with a structured planning and follow-up process helps ensure that skills are actually used rather than just talked about in class.
Break silos and develop a stronger organizational culture:
Organizational culture is a reflection of our shared values, beliefs, and assumptions that governs how we behave as an organization. These shared values develop over time and continually evolve along with the organization. Team building experiences are a great tool for understanding these cultural norms and to adjust them as needed. Just like the amazing associates at Honda Aircraft have demonstrated, when you intentionally evaluate and adjust your expectations of one another, you have the ability to directly impact your overall culture. But a critical component of this process is actually putting those norms into practice, which is exactly where team building comes into the picture. Team building exercises offer a safe opportunity to practice these new behaviors while gaining the support of others on the team.
Establish a team identity and develop group norms:
The real power of a team is when the combined group is more effective than the sum of its’ parts. But for this to happen, the team itself has to take on a life of it’s own. This means that the team has it’s own identity and that cooperation becomes more important than individual status. As a result, individuals are willing to extend themselves to help others, and the group goals take precedent over individual goals. This has been the basis of our work with the Elon University Leadership Fellows for the past 15 years. Each cohort of leaders is charged with impacting the overall campus community during their 4 years of enrollment. Individually their impact is clear, but collectively, their impact is dependent on their cohesion and alignment. Team building provides the necessary structure early in the development of the team to establish this alignment and to develop a sense of shared purpose.
Team Building Should be about Outcomes
- Alignment: Getting teams rowing in the same direction, toward common goals with clear expectations and a communication process that accommodates change.
- Assimilation: Building common ground and helping everyone feel part of the team by discovering shared vision and values.
- Experience: Helping increase awareness, challenge your perspective, and establish a common history that everyone can draw upon.
- Development: Enabling people to reflect on their strengths and weaknesses while creating opportunities to test, practice, and refine new behaviors.
- Collaboration: Creating an open and trusting environment where everyone is engaged, contributes, and feels valued by the team.
Other Popular Greensboro Team Building Programs
- Leadership development
- Five Factor personality profiles
- Outdoor team building
- Minimizing cultural collisions
- Cross generational communication
- Communicating across silos
- Professional development in action
- Advanced presentation skills
- Delegating for success
- Time management
Why Choose Learning Technologies?
We take the time to really understand your organizational culture, leadership style, and internal challenges. We strive to build on best practices that you already have in place while addressing components that may be lacking or missing. For training to be effective, it needs to address real and current needs, which encourages engagement and promotes direct application. When evaluating any training, always ask, “Is this relevant to our work?”
We customize every program so you don’t waste valuable training time. Especially in today’s world, there’s an almost endless amount of information regarding any topic. Rather than bombarding your people an information overload, provide them with the specific tools they really need to do their jobs both effectively and efficiently. We believe that it’s far better to leave a session with a few critical behaviors that will actually change rather than a huge manual full of theories that simply sits on a shelf.
Our goal is to help you better succeed as a business by complimenting your management style and reinforcing your core messages. We strive to design training programs that address your specific business drivers. Training is not just about developing skills; it’s about impacting the bottom line of your business.
We are seasoned business professionals who understand your challenges. Our consultants have years of business experience and have worked first-hand at addressing many of the challenges you currently face. For us, training is not an academic exercise, but rather a business proposition. We understand your needs and challenges because we’ve been there.
We focus on helping you actually improve your business results, rather than just delivering training. We challenge people and teams to not just do things differently, but to do what will help drive the business. By developing your people, you are investing in one of the most valuable assets in your organization. Remember, development is important, but results are absolutely essential!
Greensboro Training Locations
- Elon University, NC – Outdoor team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Grandover Resort, Greensboro, NC – Outdoor team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Sheraton Greensboro at Four Seasons, Greensboro, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Brown’s Summit, Greensboro, NC – Outdoor team building, corporate retreats
- Joseph S. Koury Convention Center, Greensboro, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- The Oak Branch Conference & Event Center, Greensboro, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Barber Park, Greensboro, NC – Outdoor team building, corporate retreats
- Price Park, Greensboro, NC – Outdoor team building, corporate retreats
Free Planning Tools