Asheville Team Building & Training
Corporate Team Building & Training in Asheville
With its beautiful setting and strong hotel infrastructure, Asheville, North Carolina is a great place for a unique team building initiative. Its mountains are a great spot for an outdoor team-building program, and the surroundings are the perfect backdrop for a scenic corporate retreat. Our experienced team can show you the sights and send you home smarter and stronger.
3 ways Asheville Team Building Can Help Your Business
Develop stronger teams and more effective leaders:
High performance teams don’t just happen, they’re built from the ground up. They require clarity of mission, alignment, trust, communication, and strong leadership. Even with all of the right ingredients, the team or the leader may simply not gel. Team building is one of the most useful and powerful tools for helping teams develop and for maintaining their level of performance. Just as the managers and teams from Evonik Stockhausen, Inc discovered, having opportunities to actually work together in a feedback rich environment moves the team forward much more quickly than just talking about it in a conference room. Team building not only helps you develop as a team, but allows you to test, practice, and refine the skills necessary to continue operating as a high performance team.
Integrate new members and leaders into your team:
Every time someone joins or leaves a team, the entire dynamic of that team can quickly change. The greatest risk here is that productivity usually drops during times of change, which most organizations cannot afford. Consider how long it takes to integrate a new member into your team, and how much more challenging that is if that new member happens to be the new leader of the team. Team building is a valuable tool to speed this process and to rebuild the alignment that is critical for teams to be effective. Take for example our friends at Levelor, who were dealing with both new team members and a new leader due to a recent reorganization. Team building enabled them to break through many of their assumed barriers, establish new group norms, clarify expectations, and build a strong foundation that would ensure future success.
Bring your business topics to life:
How many times have you sat in a meeting listening to presentation after presentation only to leave remembering none of it? In today’s world, we are bombarded with so much information that if we want people to remember something, we need to take a different approach. We need to not only make it relevant, but to reinforce the message using every mode of learning as possible. Team building is an interactive training tool that accomplishes just that. As an example, we worked with the Maersk Inc Agency to reinforce the messaging delivered during their meeting. Prior to the session, we worked closely with their leaders to identify the critical messages, why they were important, current examples of each, and how they should look in the future. Armed with this information, we were able to develop a series of activities that mirrored their work challenges, reinforced their messaging, and illustrated what needs to change in the future. By hearing, seeing, doing, and being a part of the conversation, people walked away with a memorable understanding of the topics.
Team Building Should be about Outcomes
- Alignment: Getting teams rowing in the same direction, toward common goals with clear expectations and a communication process that accommodates change.
- Assimilation: Building common ground and helping everyone feel part of the team by discovering shared vision and values.
- Experience: Helping increase awareness, challenge your perspective, and establish a common history that everyone can draw upon.
- Development: Enabling people to reflect on their strengths and weaknesses while creating opportunities to test, practice, and refine new behaviors.
- Collaboration: Creating an open and trusting environment where everyone is engaged, contributes, and feels valued by the team.
Popular Asheville Team Building Topics
- Staff retreats and conferences
- Outdoor team building
- Developing team norms and strong alignment
- Five Factor personality profiles • Leadership development
- Conflict management
- Managing across generations
- Change management for everyone
- Creativity and innovative solutions
- Fact-based decision-making
Why Choose Learning Technologies?
We take the time to really understand your organizational culture, leadership style, and internal challenges. We strive to build on best practices that you already have in place while addressing components that may be lacking or missing. For training to be effective, it needs to address real and current needs, which encourages engagement and promotes direct application. When evaluating any training, always ask, “Is this relevant to our work?”
We customize every program so you don’t waste valuable training time. Especially in today’s world, there’s an almost endless amount of information regarding any topic. Rather than bombarding your people an information overload, provide them with the specific tools they really need to do their jobs both effectively and efficiently. We believe that it’s far better to leave a session with a few critical behaviors that will actually change rather than a huge manual full of theories that simply sits on a shelf.
Our goal is to help you better succeed as a business by complimenting your management style and reinforcing your core messages. We strive to design training programs that address your specific business drivers. Training is not just about developing skills; it’s about impacting the bottom line of your business.
We are seasoned business professionals who understand your challenges. Our consultants have years of business experience and have worked first-hand at addressing many of the challenges you currently face. For us, training is not an academic exercise, but rather a business proposition. We understand your needs and challenges because we’ve been there.
We focus on helping you actually improve your business results, rather than just delivering training. We challenge people and teams to not just do things differently, but to do what will help drive the business. By developing your people, you are investing in one of the most valuable assets in your organization. Remember, development is important, but results are absolutely essential!
Asheville Training Locations
- The Omni Grove Park Inn, Asheville, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Hilton Garden Inn, Asheville, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Heaven’s Cloud Event Center, Asheville, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Mountain Lodge and Conference Center, Asheville, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Pritchard Park, Asheville, NC – Outdoor team building
- French Broad River Park, Asheville, NC – Outdoor team building
- Camp Rockmont, Asheville, NC – Outdoor team building
- Camp Cedar Cliff, Asheville, NC – Outdoor team building
Free Planning Tools